This is such an exciting time. I shot my first wedding of the season yesterday, and it was absolutely wonderful. Keep an eye out for Christen’s bridal portraits! I hope to blog them as soon as we return from Italy. Because yes, we are going to Italy. In five hours. It’s happening. My first-ever trip to Europe. We will be visiting Rome, Florence, the Cinque Terre, and Venice. Not taking a billion photos is going to be such a challenge, but I really want to enjoy this time and be focused more on what I am actually experiencing (#photographerstruggles). It’s going to be amazing, and I am going to eat SO MUCH because we’ll just walk it all off, ya know? Anyway, you’ll obviously see a lot of photos rolling in and someday a blog post full of Italian awesomeness. In the meantime, here are some monthly goals.
1. Enjoy our time in Italy. YAY.
2. Edit and deliver yesterday’s wedding, and shoot several more this month. Wedding season will be in full swing once we get back!
3. Work out 3 times per week.
4. Read My Brilliant Friend. (Recommended by my brilliant friend Madelyn Swift, AND the author is Italian.)
6. Create email templates in Gmail. This is going to be a major time-saver fo sho.
5. Purchase and begin shooting with more advanced flash equipment. I owe monumental thanks to Jenn Aan of Halftone Studios for teaching me so much on this subject, and for being incredibly patient with me and all of my questions. She is a truly wonderful person.
Happy May, everyone!